Deathwing Painting Tutorial
Well a long time a go I promised a tutorial on how I paint my Deathwing armour.
Here it is!
- Iyanden DarkSun
- Desert Yellow
- Bleached Bone
- Skull White
- Badab Black wash
- Start by under coating the model with Black Primer.
- Once this is dry paint the modelwithe Iyanden Darksun Foundation paint
- Give the model a good wash with Badab Black.
- Leave this to dry fully.
- Once dry give the model a coat of Desert Yellow, leaving some of the previous scheme showing in the recesses.
- I tend to leave the inside of the legs in the current colour, mainly because I’m lazy but also adds some depth to the model
- Next you’ll want to mix up a 2:1 part mix of Desert Yellow and Bleached Bone.
- Apply this like before, leaving some of the previous layer showing
- Now you’ll want to apply the bleached bone, do this in a line (or streaky) pattern, generally keeping all the lines vertical as if the model had his arms by his side.
- The final highlight is a 1:1 mix of Bleached bone and skull white applied as above but only on the “outside” of the model, where light would hit the model.