This Commission was a change from the full armies and I got to spend plenty of time painting this model. One of the briefs with the model was plenty of blood and dirt on the miniature so added some weathering and plenty of gore!
Run through of the scheme:
- Basecoat corax white shade with sepia
- highlight with any white also add chips with this then fill in chips with doombull brown
- bronze is balthasar gold highlighted with Sycorax Bronze then stormhost silver
after wash with sepia
- the blue was alaitoc blue shaded with kantor blue then a mix of kantor and black
- The skin was painted Cadian Flesh and using Doombull brown thinned with water I painted it into the recesses after that is just high light in the following order Cadian flesh, Kislev flesh and Ushabti bone I used a thin coat of Reikland Fleshshade after
- metals are leadbelcher then washed with nuln oil and highlighted stormhost
Another Commission I did a a few months ago and i thought it would be good to follow up with another primarch I used a simpler version of the GW paint scheme that can be found here
This is a Commission I did a while back but never had the time to post its a great model to paint a lot of detail i found it easier to airbush the model in gold to start for the Warhammer 40k commission
here a of how I Painted the main parts this commission
- Basecoat black, I the sprayed the mini with Retrebutor gold and washed with Reikland Fleshshade and then highlighted with Auric Gold , Liberator Gold and finally Stormhost Silver
- next I then filled in the blue parts with Calgar Blue then using Macragge Blue thing down paint it round all the gold then using a very thinned down with medium Leviadon Blue over all the armour to blend
- The Face was painted Cadian Flesh and using Doombull brown thinned with water I painted it into the recesses after that is just high light in the following order Cadian flesh, Kislev flesh and Ushabti bone I used a thin coat of Reikland Fleshshadeafter
- all metal parts were just painted Leadbelcher washed with Nuln oil and Highlighted with Stormhost Silver
- the sword was painted black then added some red to the black and just painted it when I wanted it and kept adding red and then orange to blending it to get the effect I was looking for
Just a quick commission the client asked for those at above table top level and the bases to be left. The commission comprised of a Technomancer and a Chronomancer for the clients Necron army
the scheme for this commission was done with the following
Run through of the scheme:
- Basecoat black, with a coat of ironbreaker over it
- Wash with Nuln Oil,
- Gold is Retributor Armor with a Reikland Fleshshade wash over it and then highlighted with Auric Gold , Liberator Gold
- The green for the orbs and other brighter parts is Moot Green with dorn Dorn yellow (Edge paint) to make sources stand out (the eyes), then all glazed with Warplighting green to green to tie it all together.
- the other green parts were painted Caliban green as a base then highlighted with Warpstone green then moot green
A bit of bad news – the old site broke! The Vanus Temple has been operating since 2008 and the website has changed a lot over the years. It’s been held together with a bit of tape for the last few, and the tape finally broke.
Fear not, I’ll be going back and adding new posts containing previous work and updating the new gallery pages as I go!
In the meantime, if you’d like to see more of my commission painting work please check out my Facebook and Instagram pages.